The Aashiqui 2 Star Hunt is organized by Super Cassettes Industries Ltd. (“T-Series”) powered by YouTube LLC (“Platform”). This is an acting skills based contest and no purchase or payment of any kind is required to participate in or win the Star Hunt.
You are advised to carefully read the official terms and conditions contained below before participating in the Star Hunt. By participating and submitting your videos, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions stated hereunder.
1st Round – 23rd March – 12th April
|23rd March, 2012 – 17th April, 2012||Contest opens for submitting entries.|
|23rd April||“Selection of top 100 Entries will be based on decision of Jury (consisting of Assistant Directors and Film”s Creative team). Factors that will be taken into consideration while shortlisting are popularity of the uploaded, originality, creativity, etc.”|
|23rd April, 2012- 26th April||Selection of Top 40 by Mr. Mohit Suri & Mr. Bhushan Kumar (Director & Producers)|
|27th April||Declaration of Top 40(20 Boys & 20 Girls)|
2nd Round 27th April – 7th May : Judges selection + Public voting
|27th April, 2012||Public Voting Period commences|
|7th May 2012||Public Voting Period ends|
|10th May 2012 – 17th May 2012||Declaration of Top 20 Finalists (10 boys & 10 Girls) based on 40% weightage to Public Votes (YouTube Gadget Votes and No. of G+ Followers) and 60% weightage to Films Creative Team consisting of Mr. Mahesh Bhatt, Mr. Mohit Suri and Mr. Bhushan Kumar|
Final Round 17th May onwards Final screen test in Mumbai
|Top 20 Finalists to be flown to Mumbai for the screen test|
|25th May 2012||Judges Panel comprising of Film”s Director & Producers will select final winners|
|Lead pair of final contestants will be declared at the time when first promo of Aashiqui 2 will go on Air , which is after completion of Movie(Aashiqui 2)|
The Aashiqui 2 Start Hunt is open to all individuals who are
1) Citizens of the countries listed in section 1(b) and
1 Aged 18 or older as on March 15, 2012 and have a valid and subsisting YouTube account. It is mandatory for all participants to hold a valid passport until 30th June 2013 and all participants must be qualified to obtain a visa in their respective countries.
2. Eligibility Requirements.
3. Participation in the Aashiqui 2 Star Hunt is restricted to individuals who are, as of March 15, 2012, over 18 years of age and are registered users of YouTube. All participants shall additionally be bound by YouTube”s terms of service as may be applicable.
4. The Aashiqui 2 Star Hunt is only open to citizens of the following countries: Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Israel, India (including the Indian Subcontinent), Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom and United States.
5. Participants must be competent to enter into contracts and must not suffer from any disqualification or such other infirmity which may cause the contract to be void or voidable at the instance of the participant.
6. Each Participant must represent that he/she has not been accused or convicted or is otherwise involved in any criminal offense and/or is not under inquiry or trial by the police or judiciary in his/her country of residence. Each Participant must further represent that he/she is not required to be present before any authority including police or any court of law for a term of 18 months from the date of application and is able to fully participate in the Talent Hunt or the Movie (if selected). Any persons who are under any contractual or other obligation that would prohibit them from participating fully in this Star Hunt, or from allowing T-Series to license the Entry, on an exclusive, worldwide, residual-free and royalty-free basis, in all media formats and uses in accordance with the terms below, are also ineligible to enter this Star Hunt.
7. Employees of T-Series and Platform will not be qualified for participation in the Aashiqui 2 Star Hunt.
2) Aashiqui 2 Star Hunt Dates. The Aashiqui 2 Star Hunt commences March 23rd, 2012 and ends on May25th, 2012 (the “Star Hunt Period”). During the Competition Period, there will be a single open call for Submission of Entries and three judging rounds, in accordance with the schedule set forth below: –
3) Participation Procedure and Requirements.
1. Individuals who wish to participate in the Aashiqui 2 Star Hunt must create and submit a video of a duration of not more than 2 (two) minutes which must include a minimum of two acts (one song and one scene) or a maximum of four acts from the film “Aashiqui” (“Entry”). All Entries must be uploaded on the Aashiqui 2 Star Hunt”s channel located at www.youtube.com/aashiqui2 (the “Aashiqui 2 Star Hunt Gadget”). It is mandatory for the Entries to only include scenes and songs specified from the said film as uploaded on the Aashiqui Star Hunt Channel for this purpose.
2. The Entries must be original and must not have been previously distributed to the public by any means whatsoever.
4) Selection Procedure
1. All entries received during the open call for entries will be reviewed by a jury panel “Selection of top 100 Entries will be based on decision of Jury (consisting of Assistant Directors and Film”s Creative team). Factors that will be taken into consideration while short listing are Popularity of the uploaded video, originality, creativity, etc.”The jury will select the Top 100 Entries on the basis of the following criteria: – acting skills, personality, physical attributes, overall impression and popularity.
2. The Top 40 Entries will be used to make a minimum of 2 webisodes (“Webisodes”) which will be put up for public voting. The Top 20 Finalists (10 boys & 10 Girls) will be selected based on 40% weightage to Public Votes (YouTube Gadget Votes and No. of G+ Followers) and 60% weightage to Film”s Creative Team. The Top 20 participants will be flown to Mumbai for the final screen test. If a participant cannot travel during the designated travel dates (to be informed), then that participant shall be deemed to have forfeited the opportunity to appear for the screen test. The selected participants shall be given single round trip economy air tickets from a major city located in the country of residence. The Screen Test Trip will be forfeited if: (a) proper travel documents for any and all travel are unattainable for any reason within the time required by the organizers; (b) the participant does not have the unqualified right, at the time of being selected, to re-enter his/her country of origin after leaving the country; or (c) if any immigration or travel documentation complications arise which prohibit a participant from entering India.
3. The male and female lead for the movie “Aashiqui 2” will be selected from the Top 20 participants by the jury panel. The jury will select the Top 20 participants on the basis of the following criteria: – acting skills, personality, physical attributes and overall impression.
5) Grand Prize. The top male and female participant will be given the opportunity to play a lead role in the proposed film “Aashiqui 2” (the “Film”). The Grand Prize is not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash.
6) Rights. By entering to this contest you hereby grant T-Series a exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual and royalty free license to use the Entry, as well as your name, image, voice, likeness, statements, background and biographical material. To the extent permitted by law, each participant waives and releases T-Series from any and all claims that each participant may now or hereafter have in relation to moral rights or unfair competition with respect to Organizers exploitation of Entries without further notification or compensation to Participants of any kind. In the event that the waiver of moral rights as stipulated above is unenforceable or invalid, Participants hereby acknowledge and agree that Organizers are authorized to exercise all moral rights to the Entries, including but not limited to a right to publish, alter and adapt such Entries, and, where applicable, also to join such Entries with other works of mind, and include such Entries into a collective work or database. By uploading your Entry to the Aashiqui 2 Star Hunt you irrevocably allow organizers grant T-Series a worldwide perpetual, exclusive, royalty free licence (where relevant, by way of present licence of present and future copyright) to:
1. copy, reproduce, adapt, translate, alter, rearrange, edit, cut, dub or subtitle in any language, and add to or delete from your Entry (including without limitation the right to extract audio only or picture only content from your Entry), in any way whatsoever, for the purpose of making and producing, advertising, promoting, publicising, broadcasting, exhibiting, distributing, exploiting and communicating to the public the Webisodes and/or the Film, and to include your Entry (or any such altered or edited version of your Video) in the Webisodes whether as a single sequence or a series of sequences and preceded or followed by and interlaced with such other content (including without limitation any commercial breaks) as we determine in our sole discretion;
2. Advertise, promote, publicise, broadcast, exhibit, distribute and exploit the Entry (and any clips from the Entry) or any such altered or edited version of your Entry, throughout the world in perpetuity in all media and by any and all means now known or devised in future; and
3. Communicate your Entry, or any part thereof, to the public via the Talent Hunt Channel, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Talent Hunt Channel in any media formats and through any media channels.
4. You shall not monetize the entry or any altered or edited version thereof in any manner what so ever and shall not claim any copyright.
7) Entry Terms.
1. Each participant shall ensure that the Entry: –
A. is not subject to any third party agreement(s), and no third party consents and/or licenses are required in connection with such Entry”s use hereunder, and that T-Series will not be required to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity, including without limitation, any copyright collecting societies or holders of copyrights, performers” rights, neighboring rights, or moral rights, or persons representing such, and any person acting on their behalf as a result of its use or exploitation of the idea or video or rights therein;
B. does not violate the intellectual property rights of any third party;
C. is not libellous, offensive, obscene vulgar, defaming, denigrating women or children, hurting religious sentiments or depicting violence;
D. does not violate any applicable local, state, national or international law
E. adheres to the YouTube Terms of Service (http://www.youtube.com/t/terms) and the Community Guidelines (http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines)
2. If Organizers determine in its sole discretion that a participant has materially breached a representation or warranty at any time during the Aashiqui 2 Star Hunt, then the Entry will be disqualified. Organizers reserves the right to review all Entries received during the Open Call for Entries and will only post Entries on the Channel that conform to these Terms and Conditions. Participant agrees that T-Series is not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties nor do T-Series guarantee the posting of any Entry.
8) The decision of Organizers in connection with the Aashiqui 2 Star Hunt will be final and binding and is non-contestable. In case of any dispute or difference in respect of this Aashiqui 2 Start Hunt, the decision of Organizers shall be final and binding on all concerned. T-series reserves the right to end the Aashiqui 2 star Hunt without any prior notice.
9) The selected participants shall be intimated by T-Series directly. T-Series shall not entertain any questions, correspondence, and enquiries on the manner of conduct of the Talent Hunt from any person whatsoever.
11) T-Series is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry of information, human error, technical malfunction, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failure of any telephone, computer or other network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, inability to access the YouTube Website, for the inability to upload or download any Talent Hunt-related materials from the YouTube Website, or for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, delayed, garbled, incorrect inaccurate, stolen, damaged, or incomplete Entries or votes.
12) Indemnification and Limitation of Liability
1. The Participants shall indemnify T-Series and Platform from any claims that may arise as a result of the breach of these terms and conditions by the participants.
2. In the event of any breach by T-Series of these Official Rules and Terms, your sole remedy shall be for damages (if any) actually suffered by you (subject always to clause 12(c) below) and you shall not in any circumstances be entitled to rescind your agreement to these Official Rules and Terms or to any injunctive or other equitable relief or to enjoin or restrain the production, broadcast, distribution, exhibition, advertising, publicity, exploitation or communication to the public of the Entry or any Webisode
3. To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, T-Series and Platform shall not be liable for any economic losses, loss of goodwill or reputation or special, indirect or consequential losses (whether or not such losses were within the contemplation of you and us at the date of your upload of your Entry to the Talent Hunt Channel) suffered or incurred by you arising out of or in connection with these Official Rules and Terms. T-Series and YouTube”s aggregate collective liability arising from or relating to these Official Rules and Terms (and whether the liability arises because of breach of contract, negligence or for any other reason) shall be limited to INR 1000/-.
4. Nothing in these Official Rules and Terms shall be construed so as to limit or exclude either you or us from liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, personal injury or death.
5. YOU ACCEPT THE CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND TERMS, AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE DECISIONS OF T-SERIES, WARRANT THAT YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS TALENT HUNT, AND AGREE EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT THAT ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH IS CAUSED BY THE ORGANIZERS AND PLATFORM NEGLIGENCE OR BREACH OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND TERMS AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW THAT THE ORGANIZERS SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR (AND YOU HEREBY IRREVOCABLY RELEASE THEM FROM LIABILITY FOR) ANY CLAIMS, LOSSES, LIABILITY, AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS” FEES AND EXPENSES), ASSERTED AGAINST ANY OF THEM, INCURRED, SUSTAINED, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, ACCEPTANCE, OR MISUSE OF ANY ENTRY, OR WHILE PREPARING FOR, PARTICIPATING IN, AND/OR TRAVELLING TO OR FROM ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY.
6. This Aashiqui 2 Star Hunt shall be subject to the laws of India and the courts at New Delhi shall have the exclusive jurisdiction for any disputes arising therefrom
Sources and Credit: Bollywoodhunt